Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scrambled Eggs Primavera

Before...

After...



One of my favorite breakfasts...

I know spring is truly here when the chives and tarragon jump up from the ground.  Always first, they remind me of overzealous school children, hands in the air, anxious to be called on.  It is like they are too impatient to wait for the really good weather and I am always happy to see them.  

Happy because from now until October, I can go to the garden any morning and take a few snips for my breakfast.  This recipe is my version of Tarragon Scrambled Eggs from Gourmet's Weekends cookbook.  It seems too simple to even be called a recipe but here it is:

Scrambled Eggs Primavera:
Two eggs scrambled
One teaspoon fresh chopped chives
One teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
pinch of salt
pinch of white pepper
Cook at low heat until desired consistency
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment