Monday, January 10, 2011

Re-Use It: Round Take Out Containers

Growing up, re-using plastic containers was a way of life, handed down no doubt from my grandmother who often re-used plastic sherbet containers for her wonderful strawberry freezer jam.  My parents' plastic container of choice to this day is the cool-whip bowl.  Chemical laden cool-whip aside, I am not a huge fan as the left overs placed in them often turn to mystery food that does not get eaten by humans before it gets eaten by mold.  I prefer clear containers to avoid the mystery food dilemma and try to use glass to store my leftovers since I don't like to re-heat in plastic.



That said, I think these round take-out containers are great.  It should come as no surprise that it was my sister who actually came up with this use as she too has been steeped in the family re-using culture.  She once came over with cupcakes in these round take-out containers and I thought - genius!  Now if you have ever tried to find a way to store cupcakes or muffins neatly with out squishing them or getting the plastic wrap stuck in the icing then you know how hard it is to find just the right container.  Well look no further, just keep these take-out containers for your next batch of cupcakes.  Each container holds 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment